Enjoying the beauty of Indonesia by staying at lodge quietly above sea with the beautiful scenery which consist of tropical forest over the hills and white sand beach full of colorful coral and small fishes that you can see it from above. It’s called Ora Beach. This is it, what you can get with only under Rp 2 million, 5 days 4 night in the land of Mollucas, Indonesia.
Don’t worry, it’s very easy to get there. You can do it yourself on the spot without any prior reservation except for accommodation. The transportation and the accommodation are adequate. The road is fine enough, already covered by asphalt.
I’ll tell you everything, starts from Ambon, the capital city of Maluku Province, Indonesia. According to my experience went to Ora beach last week, I think there are two plans (if you decided wanna go straight to Ora beach and around).
- Plan A: Arrived at Ora at about 1 pm on the first day you arrived at airport, or
- Plan B: Stay at Sawai Village first to enjoy Manusela National Park (Trekking into the forest) before go to Ora Beach. Actually between Ora and Sawai are only 20 min distance by boat.
These are based on the flight schedule, ferry schedule*, the duration of driving, and the activities you want to do.
(*: You can see the detail down at the end of this page)
Plan A, directly go to Ora Beach!
In here, you can take tour to:
- Several small islands around Ora called Pulau Tujuh (Seven Islands), wonderful underwater for snorkeling. Sometimes you’ll meet dolphins beside your boat.
- Diving (there is cave under the sea) Rp 400.000/person. *No diving license needed
- Hatupia cliff (Bahasa: Tebing Hatupia) and cave (Bahasa: Goa) that face off directly to the sea
- Belanda wellspring (Bahasa: mata air Belanda)
- Actually you can also take tour that plan B have but it’s farther (more expensive surely). So it’d be better if you choose plan B.
1. You have to find the earliest flight to Ambon. Flying from Jakarta to Ambon directly will spend 3.5 hours. There are some transit flights from Jakarta-Makassar-Ambon that will get you arrived at Ambon at 6.50 am (GMT +9) this is the fastest transit flight that will spend 7 hours, so the plane will be take off from Jakarta at 21.45 pm (GMT +7) night before.
2. A.) At Pattimura Airport, immediately take the rental car to Tulehu Port (Bahasa: Pelabuhan Telehu) that will takes ±45min-1hr, so you can reach the 9 am small ferry (mon-sat). There would be many drivers at the exit gate who eagerly offering you to take his car. Just make sure you got the right deal.
Ps: Don’t get rush. Pretending you don’t need them. Take some steps away from the exit gate, find quieter place so you can make a deal with only one driver. I assumed that they are more comfortable to make a deal with us away from another driver. Yeah you know, the price competition. Of course you have to do prior research about the price range (Rp 150.000- Rp 200.000/car)
B.) If you have seasickness, from Pattimura Airport you can go to Hunimua Port (Bahasa: Pelabuhan Hunimua). Takes ±1hr (15min farther than driving to Tulehu Port) and will cost more, may be add Rp 50.000/car more than to Amahai (Rp 200.000-250.000/car). You will sailing to Waipirit Port (Bahasa: Pelabuhan Waipirit) that only takes ±45min and cost Rp 17.000/pax no AC. (continue to number 4)
3. At Tulehu Port go to the ticket window and buy the economy ticket to Amahai Port (Rp 125.000/pax with AC) and get on the express small ferry named “Cantika Anugerah”. Tulehu Port to Amahai Port takes ±2-2.5hr.
4. At Amahai Port (Bahasa: Pelabuhan Amahai) or At Waipirit Port (Bahasa: Pelabuhan Waipirit) immediately take the rental car to Saka Village/Saleman Village (Bahasa: Desa Saka, Desa Saleman). There would be many drivers also eagerly offering you their car. Calmly choose one driver and take to the quieter place then make a deal. Choose bigger car if you came in sixes, like Toyota Innova or Suzuki APV. Six persons plus the luggage is the maximum capacity of one car.
Ps: – Amahai to Saka/Saleman cost Rp 600.000/car, ±2hr.
– Waipirit to Saka/Saleman are farther than Amahai to Saka (±4hr) So it’s more expensive, about Rp 1.200.000/car
5. Tell the driver to make sure that there is a standby boat in Desa Saka/Saleman, ready to take you to Ora when you arrived. The driver will call the local people there.
6. Have a lunch at Masohi City, in the same direction to Saka Village/Saleman Village (Desa Saleman). Because after this you will drive into the forest, Manusela National Park. Or just ask them where is the best place to eat along the way.
7. At Saka Village/Saleman Village (Bahasa: Desa Saka, Desa Saleman) you can already see Ora Beach Resort across. Take a motor boat (±10min) to Ora Beach. Finally you will arrived at Ora about 1 pm. In total duration of transport from airport to get here is ±5-6hr.
- Amahai route : +) 30 min faster, cheaper when you are less then 6 persons/car (6 persons is the max capacity of a car, include the luggage
- Waipirit route: +) faster sailing time
Both are the same price when you load the car with 6 people.
Plan B, trekking to Manusela National Park!
This is for you who wants to take a tour to:
- Sight seeing to Salawai River (seeing crocodile). At the end of the river there is waterfall (they said it’s beautiful 50 m tall, there has been a movie making, but I have never seen the picture yet). But I found this small waterfall picture. They went by trekking to the forest, I don’t know maybe it’s the same waterfall they’re talked about.
- Trekking to Birds Conservation, seeing the endemic endangered birds of Mollucas
- Trekking to Seram Canopy Safary, 45 metres tall gazebo on tree. Which built for bird watching activities by researcher.
- Trekking to cave “Goa Lusialia” (Goa means cave in Bahasa)
- Gazebo on the middle of sea while drinking coconut
- Actually you can also take tour that plan A have but it’s farther (more expensive surely). So it’d be better if you choose plan A.
1. Take the same way as Plan A, until you get to Waipirit Port or Amahai Port.
2. At Amahai Port, tell the driver that you want to go to Sawai Village (Bahasa: Desa Sawai), there is a lodge named Lisar Bahari Guest House. Actually there are some lodges like Ronela or Oanain, but this one is the famous one, the oldest one. The owner named Mr. Ali (Bahasa: Pak Ali), local people who can speak English very well and has been traveled to several countries.
Ps: – Amahai to Desa Sawai cost Rp 1.200.000/car, ±3,5hr.
– Waipirit to Desa Sawai are farther than Amahai to Desa Sawai (±5hr) So it’s more expensive, about Rp 1.500.000/car
3. That’s it, you will arrived at Desa Sawai, and the driver will escort you to the Lisar Bahari Guest House. In total duration of transport from airport to get here is about ±6-7hr.
- Amahai route : +) 30 min faster, cheaper when you are less then 6 persons/car (6 persons is the max capacity of a car, include the luggage)
- Waipirit route: +) faster sailing time
Both are the same price when you load the car with 6 persons.
4. After enjoy the tour here, you can move to Ora Beach Resort by boat. Tell the management a night before so they will prepare the boat at the next morning. (Rp 250.000/boat, load 10 persons max, ±20min )
Ora Beach Resort rates (February 2015)
Untuk harga tanpa paket
Kamar darat Rp500.000/malam
Kamar laut Rp700.000/malam
Makan Rp 250.000/orang/hari (sarapan pagi, makan siang & malam serta teh/kopi/snack sore)
Untuk harga paket:
(Harga paket per orang)
HARGA PAKET 2 MALAM
2 ORG RP 3.000.000 RP 3.200.000
4 ORG RP 2.350.000 RP 2.550.000
HARGA PAKET 3 MALAM
2 ORG RP 3.500.000 RP 3.800.000
4 ORG RP 2.850.000 RP 3.150.000
HARGA PAKET 4 MALAM
2 ORG RP 4.000.000 RP 4.400.000
4 ORG RP 3.350.000 RP 3.750.000
Harga paket termasuk:
• Transport (Dari Airport / kota Ambon, PP, tiket kapal VIP, untuk ekonomi harga berkurang Rp 200.000)
• Kamar (darat atau laut)
• Makan (sarapan pagi, makan siang dan malam serta teh/kopi/snack)
• Tour/snorkling ke Air Belanda dan tebing batu
* Belum termasuk alat snorkling dan makan selama perjalanan
Tur Tebing batu dan mata air Belanda Rp 500.000/speed boat (max 10 orang)
Tur sungai Salawai Rp800.000/speed boat (max 10 orang)
Tur Sungai Salawai, pulau Raja dan pulau Kelelawar Rp 1.200.000/speed boat (max 10 orang)
Tur pulau 7 Rp 2.500.000/boat (max 10 orang)
Untuk foto dan info lainnya silahkan cek di facebook: email@example.com
Ps: Better make reservation >6 months prior for peak season to get sea room.
Lisar Bahari Guest House rates (Agustus 2015)
include: snorkel equipment & 3x meal
- One day sea tour to Salawai river,waterfall, Gazebo, Cliff & cave, snorkel spot, 2 small islands+lunch: Rp 800.000/boat/load 10 persons max.
- Trekking to Manusela National Park: Pay the guide for Rp 250.000
Ps: You can arrange the route with the guide, either go to the cave, bird conservation, or canopy. If you tired, there is also ojek (motorcycle taxi) for Rp 30.000 (±15min)
My transport expenses in Ambon (Ags 2015)
Way to go:
- Pattimura Airport -> Tulehu Port : Rp 300.000/2cars (±45min-1hr)
- Tulehu Port -> Amahai Port : Rp 125.000/pax (±2hr)
- Amahai Port -> Sawai Village : Rp 1,2m/car (±4,5hr, include resting at rest area)
- Sawai Village -> Ora Beach Resort : Rp 250.000/boat (±20min) but fortunately we got free*! so just gave him tip Rp 20.000
Way to go home:
- Ora Beach Resort -> Desa Saleman : Rp 150.000/boat (±10min)
- Desa Saleman -> Pelabuhan Amahai : Rp 600.000/car (±2.5hr)
- Pelabuhan Amahai -> Pelabuhan Tulehu : Rp 125.000/pax (±2hr)
- Pelabuhan Tulehu -> Ambon City/Bandara Pattimura (±45min) plus one day tour Ambon city : Rp 500.000/car + tip Rp 50.000
Since we are sixes, those total are divided by 6= Rp 720.000/person
Ferry Schedule Tulehu-Amahai (Ags, 2015)
#Tulehu Port to Amahai Port
- Monday-Saturday: 9 am & 4 pm.
- Sunday: 11 am
#Amahai Port to Tulehu Port
- Monday-Saturday: 8 am & 2 pm
- Sunday: 3 pm
Price: Economy Rp 125.000; VIP Rp 260.000 ±2hr
Ferry Schedule Hunimua-Waipirit
“Since 5.30 am until 8.00 pm, 6 times/day from Hunimua to Waipirit and so the contrariwise”
I think that means about once per 2 hours.
Contacts (Indonesia +62):
I don’t know that they all really can understand English. But I think they knew a lil bit. So speak slowly or text them would be better.
Saleman-Amahai Port: Bob 082199197873
- Ora beach resort owner for reservation: Alvin 081333633338
- Ora beach staff: Irwan 081248551949
For the extend story about this place, I’ll tell you on Ora